POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Rendering pov file, ini, over network Server Time
30 Jun 2024 13:36:10 EDT (-0400)
  Rendering pov file, ini, over network (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: StephenS
Subject: Rendering pov file, ini, over network
Date: 1 May 2010 18:55:01
Message: <web.4bdcb0ac5e6579d7794b90cf0@news.povray.org>
I can no longer run a Myfile.ini over a network, on a different computer.

Possiblely related to:
    http://bugs.povray.org/task/97   FS#97  (Forward-slash pathnames not fully
supported in Windows version)

I have all my files for a scene on one computer in one folder.
To render over night, I use a seperate networked computer and select an .ini
file to run.
**** from winpov message pane
Preset INI file is 'C:\USERS\STEPHENS\DOCUMENTS\POV-RAY\V3.7\INI\QUICKRES.INI',
section is '[160x120, No AA]'.
Preset source file is
'\\STEPHEN-POVRAY\Bishop3d\Objects\Industrial_enclosure\Telco_enclosure_extra.ini'.
-
Cannot open INI file
'\\STEPHEN-POVRAY\Bishop3d\Objects\Industrial_enclosure\Telco_enclosure_extra.ini'.
Failed to start render: Failed to parse INI file
****

Reinstalling POV-Ray3.7.35a and the same file works(renders complete).

\\STEPHEN-POVRAY\... this is the name of the networked computer i'm trying to
run the file off of.

Stephen S

Post a reply to this message

> I can no longer run a Myfile.ini over a network, on a different computer.
>
> Possiblely related to:
>      http://bugs.povray.org/task/97   FS#97  (Forward-slash pathnames not fully
> supported in Windows version)
> -
> Cannot open INI file
> '\\STEPHEN-POVRAY\Bishop3d\Objects\Industrial_enclosure\Telco_enclosure_extra.ini'.
> Failed to start render: Failed to parse INI file
> ****

Looks like FS#97 broke this indeed. Thanks for reporting this issue.
Would you mind entering a corresponding bug report on
http://bugs.povray.org?

Post a reply to this message

> Looks like FS#97 broke this indeed. Thanks for reporting this issue.
> Would you mind entering a corresponding bug report on
> http://bugs.povray.org?

Done, bug #107.

Stephen S