POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [unix] ./configure --without-libjpeg has no effect in povray-3.7.0.beta.33 Server Time
3 Jul 2024 15:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  [unix] ./configure --without-libjpeg has no effect in povray-3.7.0.beta.33 (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: waggy
Subject: [unix] ./configure --without-libjpeg has no effect in povray-3.7.0.beta.33
Date: 3 Sep 2009 18:30:00
Message: <web.4aa042277c842d4ef99d05c80@news.povray.org>
When attempting to install povray-3.7.0.beta.33 as a non-privileged user the
first time through, I thought I'd just ditch the file formats without libraries
already installed.  But no, that was not actually an option as configure aborted
with the same libjpeg not found error after specifying --without-libjpeg.
Though I didn't keep the log, I saved a copy of the exact command used.

.../configure COMPILED_BY="David Wagner <hon### [at] handbasketorg>"
--prefix=/home/xlw295/povray --with-boost=/home/xlw295/povray_src/boost_1_40_0
--without-libjpeg --enable-static

I worked around the problem by compiling and installing libjpeg (and libtiff a
few minutes later) in my home directory and figuring out exactly what config
was looking for in the path.

There seem to be some inconsistencies to where the --with-xxx paths are supposed
to point; --with-jpeg and --with-tiff need to point to the whatever/lib
directory, while --with-boost points one level higher.

Post a reply to this message