POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : network rendering Server Time
4 Jul 2024 13:28:21 EDT (-0400)
  network rendering (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Mr
Subject: network rendering
Date: 4 Aug 2009 21:45:00
Message: <web.4a78e2e59716477d226379a20@news.povray.org>
What's the way to do network rendering with the beta version of pov?
Does SMPOV work with it? Does the new built-in SMP implementation support this
out of the box? Or do you set up computer grids? (I'm searching for anything
that
could speed up my render times besides what's said in FAQ and documentation)

Post a reply to this message

> What's the way to do network rendering with the beta version of pov?
> Does SMPOV work with it? Does the new built-in SMP implementation support this
> out of the box? Or do you set up computer grids? (I'm searching for anything
> that
> could speed up my render times besides what's said in FAQ and documentation)

We used to have a cloud solution hosted at www.imp.org, but it kind of
stalled a few years ago due to lack of jobs to run.

The current push is to get SMP working right on a single machine (beta
3.7), after which doing such things as splitting the workload over a
network will be much easier problems to solve.

--
Chambers

Post a reply to this message