POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : SSTL mm_per_unit blend2pov Server Time
7 Jul 2024 06:28:05 EDT (-0400)
  SSTL mm_per_unit blend2pov (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: SSTL mm_per_unit blend2pov
Date: 6 Aug 2009 11:50:04
Message: <4a7afbac$1@news.povray.org>
Mr schrieb:
> The few included presets are exactly the ones from the first paper you pointed
> me to (apple, chicken, ketshup etc...) Also when we use SSS in Blender, a first
> pass with a grey level image is calculated for each bucket. Isn't that a sign
> they did?

I didn't even know Blender had a built-in render engine. Well, it
appears to me then that they're using the "low-level" coefficients
rather than the re-parameterization as outlined in that other paper.

> I'll try to post my progress ASAP, is there a way to post images here? Do I have
> to start using something like fire bird or outlook?

You can do so from the web interface, provided you post in a newsgroup
where attachments are allowed, as for instance povray.binaries.images.