POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Continuing abandoned render. Server Time
6 Jul 2024 04:06:50 EDT (-0400)
  Continuing abandoned render. (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: mMike
Subject: Continuing abandoned render.
Date: 15 Jun 2009 11:00:00
Message: <web.4a36610bab365a64dc6570b40@news.povray.org>
The latest beta, when I ctrl-c the render, and then retry it, it doesn't seem to
continue the render, rather starts the new one.

I'm testing this with newdiffract.pov from the 'advanced' scenes.

povray +i newdiffract.pov +w1280 +h1024

After rendering around 50% of the image I hit ctrl-c. Then in hit 'up-arrow',
hit 'enter', and render wont continue, it starts over.

Post a reply to this message

> The latest beta, when I ctrl-c the render, and then retry it, it doesn't seem to
> continue the render, rather starts the new one.
>
> I'm testing this with newdiffract.pov from the 'advanced' scenes.
>
> povray +i newdiffract.pov +w1280 +h1024
>
> After rendering around 50% of the image I hit ctrl-c. Then in hit 'up-arrow',
> hit 'enter', and render wont continue, it starts over.

Well, what do you expect without using the continue command line option?

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

> The latest beta, when I ctrl-c the render, and then retry it, it doesn't
seem to
> continue the render, rather starts the new one.

If I'm not mistaken that was one of the things that the integration of SMP
broke .... saving then reloading radiosity data was another.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

>> The latest beta, when I ctrl-c the render, and then retry it, it doesn't
> seem to
>> continue the render, rather starts the new one.
>
> If I'm not mistaken that was one of the things that the integration of SMP
> broke .... saving then reloading radiosity data was another.

You are mistaken. Continue trace has worked since one of the very early
betas, if not even the first one (I don't recall that, I only recall I had
implemented it, and the last time I had the time to work on a beta was more
than three years ago).

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

> > If I'm not mistaken that was one of the things that the integration of
SMP
> > broke .... saving then reloading radiosity data was another.
>
> You are mistaken. Continue trace has worked since one of the very early
> betas, if not even the first one (I don't recall that, I only recall I had
> implemented it, and the last time I had the time to work on a beta was
more
> than three years ago).

I was less sure about the former, more sure about the later. Thanks for the
clarification!

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> The latest beta, when I ctrl-c the render, and then retry it, it doesn't
> seem to
> continue the render, rather starts the new one.
>
> I'm testing this with newdiffract.pov from the 'advanced' scenes.
>
> povray +i newdiffract.pov +w1280 +h1024
>
> After rendering around 50% of the image I hit ctrl-c. Then in hit
> 'up-arrow',
> hit 'enter', and render wont continue, it starts over.

Just add  +C  to the command line and render resumes.

Thomas