POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : problem with reflecting transparent isosurface Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:22:20 EDT (-0400)
  problem with reflecting transparent isosurface (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: jva
Subject: problem with reflecting transparent isosurface
Date: 4 Feb 2008 14:15:01
Message: <web.47a76202449242641bd6cd0c0@news.povray.org>
When rendering the isosurface shown below in beta 25 (or 24 for that matter), I
get 'missing' render blocks both in the preview and in the final picture which
are completely or partially replaced by gray stripes. When I remove either the
transparency (in pigment) or the reflection (in finish) the problem disappears.

Enlarging the container seems to change the pattern but doesn't eliminate it. In
addition, the present box should be ample and anyway this sample works fine as
it is in 3.6.

Jeroen.

// Isosurface sample

camera { location 10*y look_at 0 }

light_source { 50 color rgb 1 }

#declare fn_surface = function { pattern { ripples } }

isosurface {
  function { y-fn_surface(x,0,z) }
  accuracy 0.005
  max_gradient 5
  contained_by { box { <-10,-4.9,-5>,<10,2,5> } }
  pigment { color rgbt 0.9 }
  finish { reflection 0.7 }
}

Post a reply to this message

> When rendering the isosurface shown below in beta 25 (or 24 for that matter), I
> get 'missing' render blocks both in the preview and in the final picture which
> are completely or partially replaced by gray stripes. When I remove either the
> transparency (in pigment) or the reflection (in finish) the problem disappears.

RTFM - all_intersections

Post a reply to this message