POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Linux Benchmarking Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:43 EDT (-0400)
  Linux Benchmarking (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Augustus
Subject: Linux Benchmarking
Date: 15 Mar 2007 22:45:01
Message: <web.45fa11e8e82bbdcafbd63fa0@news.povray.org>
Is there currently a way to benchmark the Linux binaries with variable
numbers of threads with the BETA release?  If so, can you send me the
command and possibly an INI?  This for a review that I'm working on for
LinuxHardware.org.  I have tried the old benchmark.ini which only seems to
spawn one thread (and I know it is said not to be compatible).  I also have
tried the -benchmark command.

Thanks,
Augustus

Post a reply to this message

So after a little more searching and testing, it seems that the
benchmark.pov simply does not run multi-threaded.  Would the following
command be a sufficient benchmark, changing the +wt value appropriately:

povray -i/usr/local/share/povray-3.7/scenes/advanced/abyss.pov -f +v +p
-w1600 -h1200 +a0.3 +wt8

Thanks,
Augustus

"Augustus" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Is there currently a way to benchmark the Linux binaries with variable
> numbers of threads with the BETA release?  If so, can you send me the
> command and possibly an INI?  This for a review that I'm working on for
> LinuxHardware.org.  I have tried the old benchmark.ini which only seems to
> spawn one thread (and I know it is said not to be compatible).  I also have
> tried the -benchmark command.
>
> Thanks,
> Augustus

Post a reply to this message

> So after a little more searching and testing, it seems that the
> benchmark.pov simply does not run multi-threaded.

  Are you sure radiosity is turned off?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message