POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Failed to parse ini Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:22:06 EDT (-0400)
  Failed to parse ini (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Lawrence W
Subject: Failed to parse ini
Date: 8 Jan 2007 21:45:00
Message: <web.45a3015c11ab539763b265170@news.povray.org>
3.7 Beta v18.  I'm trying to get this working with Moray 3.5.  I know there
are apparently issues between the two programs, however I haven't seen
anyone post anything about this particular problem yet.

The first time I design and render a texture in Moray, all is well.  Meaning
Moray communicates properly with POVRay, and the texture/scene is rendered
without error messages.  However, if I then change the texture definitions,
POVRay errors out with a message about failure to parse an INI file.  The
specific message is lost to me right now, but that's the gist of the
message.

I can't figure out if its taking about POVTXTR2.INI or my scene's INI.
Either way, is this a problem with POVRay or with Moray?  Furthermore, has
anyone else seen this and can anything be done to fix it?  I really need
this configuration to work, seeing as how SUPER FAST 3.7 renders on my
dual-core NC8430!  Its incredible!

I seriously pray I'm not alone here...  Oh, by the way, this exact problem
was present on Windows XP Pro + SP2 and Vista RTM Ultimate.  Thanks!

Post a reply to this message

"Lawrence W" <lwi### [at] daktelcom> wrote:
> 3.7 Beta v18.  I'm trying to get this working with Moray 3.5.  I know there
> are apparently issues between the two programs, however I haven't seen
> anyone post anything about this particular problem yet.
>
> The first time I design and render a texture in Moray, all is well.  Meaning
> Moray communicates properly with POVRay, and the texture/scene is rendered
> without error messages.  However, if I then change the texture definitions,
> POVRay errors out with a message about failure to parse an INI file.  The
> specific message is lost to me right now, but that's the gist of the
> message.
>
> I can't figure out if its taking about POVTXTR2.INI or my scene's INI.
> Either way, is this a problem with POVRay or with Moray?  Furthermore, has
> anyone else seen this and can anything be done to fix it?  I really need
> this configuration to work, seeing as how SUPER FAST 3.7 renders on my
> dual-core NC8430!  Its incredible!
>
> I seriously pray I'm not alone here...  Oh, by the way, this exact problem
> was present on Windows XP Pro + SP2 and Vista RTM Ultimate.  Thanks!

Ah-HA!  I've figured out specifically why its crashing.  POVRay 3.7 doesn't
like the "Radiosity" keyword in the scene's INI file.

That, unfortunately, doesn't help much.  I can manually take that line out
of the INI, and render the scene directly in POVRay, however that's a pain
and I'm looking for a fix so I can continue to develop and render my scene
in Moray.

So considering this new info, any ideas?  Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

Lawrence W <lwi### [at] daktelcom> wrote:
> So considering this new info, any ideas?

  Complain to the author of Moray. He is the one still dragging on with
only POV-Ray 3.5 support.

--
                                                          - Warp