POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Media and no_image problems Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:33:47 EDT (-0400)
  Media and no_image problems (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Trevor G Quayle
Subject: Media and no_image problems
Date: 30 Aug 2006 13:35:00
Message: <web.44f5cb2229ae9343c150d4c10@news.povray.org>
Came across this by accident after trying a scene that's been working in
megaPOV in the beta.  Renders as expected in POV 3.6.
I've tried to minimize the scene.   The problem is, the in the cylinder is
absorbing media, but I don't want it visible, just shadow.  However, in the
beta, where it intersects the hollow sphere, the media is visible.  Outside
the sphere, it works as expected.  Any ideas on what's causing this?

//START
camera{
  up y
  right x*image_width/image_height
  angle 60
  location -z*10
  look_at  0
}

light_source{0
  rgb 2
  translate <200,80,-100>
}

sphere{0 2
  hollow
  pigment{rgbt 1}
}

cylinder{-y, y*3, 0.5
  hollow
  pigment{rgbt 1}
  interior{
    media{
      absorption rgb 1
      density{rgb 1}
    }
  }
  no_image
}

plane{-z,0 pigment{rgb 1} finish{ambient 0 diffuse 0.5} translate z*2.5
hollow}
//END

-tgq