POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : povwin-3.7.beta.14.zip timeout - any more recent betas available ? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:32:02 EDT (-0400)
  povwin-3.7.beta.14.zip timeout - any more recent betas available ? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: johnjoneill
Subject: povwin-3.7.beta.14.zip timeout - any more recent betas available ?
Date: 18 Aug 2006 13:35:00
Message: <web.44e5f9558abb44362869ae640@news.povray.org>
As advertized, "the Windows version will expire on the 15th of August 2006".
 Are there plans to post updated beta that we can run ?

thanks !
john o'neill

Post a reply to this message

From: Verm
Date: 23 Aug 2006 07:00:48
Message: <44ec3560$1@news.povray.org>
johnjoneill wrote:
> As advertized, "the Windows version will expire on the 15th of August 2006".
>  Are there plans to post updated beta that we can run ?
>
> thanks !
> john o'neill

To avoid incurring the wrath of Thor(sten) it's generally good practice
to read a few old threads first. If you look back a few threads you'll
see a thread "Date for next Beta?" started on May 1 2006, which should
answer your questions. If you look back further you'll see many more
threads asking the same questions. Just try to lurk/read a bit before
posting and people will be very happy to help you.

In summary yes, I'm sure there are plans for the next beta - it will be
released as soon as the volunteer developers feel the code is in a
suitable state for a new beta release.

In the meantime if you still want to use the Beta then you can change
your clock settings. It may be mildly suboptimal but until someone
stumps up a few hundred thousand a year to pay the POV development team
for their time we'll just have to live with it :- )

Happy povving.

Post a reply to this message

> As advertized, "the Windows version will expire on the 15th of August 2006".
>  Are there plans to post updated beta that we can run ?

Hiya,

There is one there now.

-- Chris