POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Memory usage Server Time
23 Apr 2024 16:01:40 EDT (-0400)
  Memory usage (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: McHannemann
Subject: Memory usage
Date: 23 Apr 2006 06:00:00
Message: <web.444b4f4ed5b924f08b9c27240@news.povray.org>
Hi I tried to render a scene with the latest beta 12a
and I saw a huge memory usage, possibly a leak.
When I render it with the nomral povray 3.6 it uses 25 megs
same scene in the beta took 500 megs.
It uses Photons, maybe it is related to the not finished implementation.
should I mail someone of the testing team the scene file?

Regards,

Thor

Post a reply to this message

> Hi I tried to render a scene with the latest beta 12a
> and I saw a huge memory usage, possibly a leak.
> When I render it with the nomral povray 3.6 it uses 25 megs
> same scene in the beta took 500 megs.
> It uses Photons, maybe it is related to the not finished implementation.
> should I mail someone of the testing team the scene file?

if you could post it in the binaries group it would help, thanks.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message