POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Release notes for beta 11b Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:31:53 EDT (-0400)
  Release notes for beta 11b (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: tato
Subject: Release notes for beta 11b
Date: 20 Dec 2005 11:50:01
Message: <web.43a83513a5f0ac9dc10533d70@news.povray.org>
Hello!

Where can I see release notes for beta 11b? They're not on the beta page nor
are they in the changes.txt file that comes in the 11b beta zip file.
Thanks a lot!

- Renato

Post a reply to this message

From: Bob Hughes
Subject: Re: Release notes for beta 11b
Date: 20 Dec 2005 20:35:56
Message: <43a8b17c$1@news.povray.org>
"tato" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message

> Where can I see release notes for beta 11b? They're not on the beta page
> nor
> are they in the changes.txt file that comes in the 11b beta zip file.

Hiya tato.

I believe there was only a fix made to the file type output (and possibly
Library_Path), which was broken and needed correcting. See the message
thread where I wrote asking about "image output type ignored...?" from the
6th of this month, where Chris actually says he hadn't made any other
changes. If not, maybe Chris Cason will answer if he sees this and gets a
chance to respond, but I don't think there's anything to tell unless I'm
missing something about it. Keeping current, nonexpired betas available even
if changes aren't made is likely to happen sometimes I guess.

And while I find myself speculating on such matters here, I must wonder if
photons is going to work properly in the next beta or be difficult to get
worked out. Not to mention the media + transparency trouble. Would make for
a great New Year celebration, rendered or real. I'm just glad to see the
betas keep appearing from the programmers.

Oh yeah... Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and all that, before it's too
late to say. :)

Bob

Post a reply to this message