POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : (beta 2) bitmap alpha channel, scale and no_image Server Time
19 Apr 2024 15:01:54 EDT (-0400)
  (beta 2) bitmap alpha channel, scale and no_image (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Carbonaut
Subject: (beta 2) bitmap alpha channel, scale and no_image
Date: 18 Apr 2005 15:00:01
Message: <web.426402d627a031d914107e060@news.povray.org>
32 bit tga and png alpha channel is mixed through out the image. White 3x3
image with top left pixel masked out produces:

 ---     X is masked
|XXX|
|X X|
|XX |
 ---

Also scale and no_image have no effect. Full scene:

plane{z, 1
  pigment{image_map{tga "alpha.tga" once}}
  finish{ambient 1}
  translate<-0.5, -0.5, 0>
  scale 10        // no effect
  no_image        // no effect