POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Radiosity and Photons broken Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity and Photons broken (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Radiosity and Photons broken
Date: 15 Apr 2002 03:20:41
Message: <3CBA7F49.166BA12A@gmx.de>
Radiosity seems to be broken in RC1.

Try rendering 'radiosity/radiosity.pov' as it is and with an empty
radiosity block.  With an empty block I get correct results, while the
standard settings lead to no radiosity effect (but the pretrace is done)

Photons generate a strange 'spotlight effect' (brightening around the
target objects), try 'lights/phot_met_glass.pov' for an example.

WinNT, RC1.icl, Athlon/K6

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 14 Apr. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

: Try rendering 'radiosity/radiosity.pov' as it is and with an empty
: radiosity block.  With an empty block I get correct results, while the
: standard settings lead to no radiosity effect (but the pretrace is
done)

Confirmed. It's the recursion_limit. Comment it and radiosity works.

: Photons generate a strange 'spotlight effect' (brightening around the
: target objects), try 'lights/phot_met_glass.pov' for an example.

Confirmed.

WinXP, RC1.icl, Athlon/Tb

Ari-Matti