POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [doc] transfomrations and camera - quick ref Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:29:19 EDT (-0400)
  [doc] transfomrations and camera - quick ref (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
Subject: [doc] transfomrations and camera - quick ref
Date: 14 Mar 2002 04:34:56
Message: <hqo09uclr3flprf4c32chhuvp22le3ft86@4ax.com>
POV 3.5 b 12 for Win

10.1.5  Transformations

  From the syntax looks like following:
    transform{inverse}
  is possible and yes - it is possible - it is inversion of
    transform{}
  and it is also possible but this case is not included in syntax of quickref.

10.1.6  Camera

  Below lines are correct with quick ref but returns parse error
    #local C=camera {};
    camera{ orthographic C }
    camera{ C C }
  It is becouse CAMERA_IDENTIFIER as applied at begining of both CAMERA_ITEMS
  and CAMERA_MODIFIERS. I think it should be first optional element of pure
  camera statement:
  CAMERA:
    camera {[CAMERA_IDENTIFIER][CAMERA_TYPE][CAMERA_ITEMS][CAMERA_MODIFIERS]}

ABX

Post a reply to this message

>   is possible and yes - it is possible - it is inversion of
>     transform{}
>   and it is also possible but this case is not included in syntax of quickref.

Curious.  Simple enough.  I placed square brackets around TRANSFORM_ITEM... inside the
transform statement.

> 10.1.6  Camera
>
>   Below lines are correct with quick ref but returns parse error
>     #local C=camera {};
>     camera{ orthographic C }
>     camera{ C C }
>   It is becouse CAMERA_IDENTIFIER as applied at begining of both CAMERA_ITEMS
>   and CAMERA_MODIFIERS. I think it should be first optional element of pure
>   camera statement:
>   CAMERA:
>     camera {[CAMERA_IDENTIFIER][CAMERA_TYPE][CAMERA_ITEMS][CAMERA_MODIFIERS]}

Another carryover from my version 3.1g doc.  It was probably wrong there, too!  I
moved [CAMERA_IDENTIFIER] out of the items
and modifiers and into the camera statement as suggested.

Robert Chaffe
http://www.donovansweb.com/~chaffe/