POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : question about the blob bugs Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:26:27 EDT (-0400)
  question about the blob bugs (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Gergely Vandor
Subject: question about the blob bugs
Date: 26 Apr 2002 17:38:03
Message: <Xns91FCF06B5EE16gergelyvamoraviaitco@204.213.191.226>
Thorsten stated that the blob bugs are amongst those that will not be fixed
in 3.5, because either
-they would need fundamental changes in the code, or are inherited from
very old versions
-they can not be fixed with current PC architectures
-are not very significant, since they had existed for quite some time, and
have only recently been reported

(Excuse me if I don't remember the reasons exactly.)

But this post (Blob : Toward a solution
http://news.povray.org/3B991C90.D715B7A3[at]free.fr) suggests that at least
some of the blob bugs did not exist in PoV-Ray 2.0, and were "introduced"
somewhere in between 2.0 and 3.1. (Is it a naive assumption that this means
that it should be relatively easy to fix them?)

Could someone please clarify this? Has anyone done extensive comparison of
different versions concerning the blob bugs?

---
Gergely

Post a reply to this message