POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Radiosity feature request Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:31:00 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity feature request (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Rich
Subject: Radiosity feature request
Date: 24 Apr 2002 20:36:37
Message: <Xns91FABD5277338spammindspringcom@204.213.191.226>
Would it be possible to squeeze in an object keyword that removes
that object from all radiosity calculations?  If this would take a lot of
extra code, then by all means it doesn't belong in 3.5, but if it's a
simple thing it's something I would really like to see make it in.  I have
a scene with multiple isosurfaces that do not benefit much (if at all) by
radiosity, but the rest of the scene really needs it.  The isosurfaces
really slow down the render when radiosity is used though.

--
Rich Allen
(Remove SPAM from my address to reply by e-mail)

Post a reply to this message

How about tracing the scene without Isosurfaces, save the
radiosity, and then load it when tracing with Isosurfaces?
I don't know if that would be accurate enough for you
purposes, but it may be a solution.

Rich wrote:

>         Would it be possible to squeeze in an object keyword that removes
> that object from all radiosity calculations?  If this would take a lot of
> extra code, then by all means it doesn't belong in 3.5, but if it's a
> simple thing it's something I would really like to see make it in.  I have
> a scene with multiple isosurfaces that do not benefit much (if at all) by
> radiosity, but the rest of the scene really needs it.  The isosurfaces
> really slow down the render when radiosity is used though.
>
> --
> Rich Allen
> (Remove SPAM from my address to reply by e-mail)

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde

Post a reply to this message