POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.8.0 - Dropped Features Server Time
19 Apr 2024 06:46:06 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray v3.8.0 - Dropped Features (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: clipka
Subject: POV-Ray v3.8.0 - Dropped Features
Date: 10 Jun 2021 14:52:21
Message: <60c25f65$1@news.povray.org>
Hi folks,

A couple of features that were in the last v3.8.0-alpha releases will be
reverted as we prepare to enter beta phase:

- Proper balancing of #end directives, braces, parentheses etc. will not
be checked.

- String literals will again be limited to 256 characters.

- `defined()`, `#ifdef()` and `#ifndef()` will again return `false` if
applied to reserved words.

- input file encoding will not be auto-detected.

- boost thread and system libraries will be required again.

Also, the handling of the `#version` directive and the `version`
pseudo-variable are subject to review at this point.

I _think_ that should be all.

Post a reply to this message

> A couple of features that were in the last v3.8.0-alpha releases will be
> reverted as we prepare to enter beta phase:
>

> - Proper balancing of #end directives, braces, parentheses etc. will not
> be checked.
>
> - String literals will again be limited to 256 characters.
>
> - `defined()`, `#ifdef()` and `#ifndef()` will again return `false` if
> applied to reserved words.
>
> - input file encoding will not be auto-detected.
>
> - boost thread and system libraries will be required again.
>

> Also, the handling of the `#version` directive and the `version`
> pseudo-variable are subject to review at this point.
>

> I _think_ that should be all.

Thanks for the summary, I wondered. Bummer about the boost libraries...

Bill P.