POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : New parser update Server Time: 17 Oct 2018 16:57:48 GMT
  New parser update (Message 1 to 10 of 11)  
Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 1 Messages >>>
From: clipka
Subject: New parser update
Date: 17 Sep 2018 16:51:53
Message: <5b9fdba9$1@news.povray.org>
Mainly cleaned up bugs related to `#ifdef` as well as dictionaries, and
updated to new master version:

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.8.0-x.tokenizer.9841908

Please give this a thorough shakedown.


Post a reply to this message

From: jr
Subject: Re: New parser update
Date: 18 Sep 2018 12:25:01
Message: <web.5ba0edcda8754325b0d4fc1e0@news.povray.org>
hi,

clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
> Mainly cleaned up bugs related to `#ifdef` as well as dictionaries, and
> updated to new master version:
>
> https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.8.0-x.tokenizer.9841908
>
> Please give this a thorough shakedown.

the second scene I tried crashes.

Sep 18 13:05:59 crow kernel: [5793962.181497] povray380b[360882]: segfault at 8
ip 0000000000547a8c sp 00007fcd3fbfcf88 error 4 in povray380b[400000+2a0000]

the same renders fine with other versions.

where should I send/post the archive with the scene, if needed?


regards, jr.


Post a reply to this message

From: jr
Subject: Re: New parser update
Date: 18 Sep 2018 15:00:01
Message: <web.5ba112b3a8754325b0d4fc1e0@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
> > Mainly cleaned up bugs related to `#ifdef` as well as dictionaries, and
> > updated to new master version:
> >
> > https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.8.0-x.tokenizer.9841908
> >
> > Please give this a thorough shakedown.

this scene too has problems:

Script started on Tue 18 Sep 2018 15:49:48 BST

jr@crow:4:bones$ head -n 20 bonesREADME.txt
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

bones.inc version 1.01 for POV-Ray 3.5 or higher
Copyright (C) 2010 Ed Minchau
http://www.magicalrobotics.com

send bug reports to ske### [at] magicalroboticscom ; be sure to include "bones.inc"
in the subject line.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document
under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3
or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation;
with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts.

You should have received a copy of the GNU Free Documentation License
along with this document. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.


///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

jr@crow:5:bones$ povray380b +iBipedRobot.pov

Persistence of Vision(tm) Ray Tracer Version 3.8.0-x.tokenizer.9841908.unofficia
l (g++ -std=gnu++11 4.8.2 @ x86_64-slackware-linux-gnu)
This is an unofficial version compiled by:
 <dum### [at] crowlan>
 The POV-Ray Team is not responsible for supporting this version.

POV-Ray is based on DKBTrace 2.12 by David K. Buck & Aaron A. Collins
Copyright 1991-2018 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.

Primary Persistence of Vision(tm) Ray Tracer Version 3.8.0-x.tokenizer.9841908.u
nofficial (g++ -std=gnu++11 4.8.2 @ x86_64-slackware-linux-gnu)
 Architects/Developers: (Alphabetically)
  Chris Cason         Thorsten Froehlich  Christoph Lipka

With Assistance From: (Alphabetically)
  Nicolas Calimet     Jerome Grimbert     James Holsenback    Christoph Hormann
  Nathan Kopp         Juha Nieminen       William F. Pokorny

Past Contributors: (Alphabetically)
  Steve Anger         Eric Barish         Dieter Bayer        David K. Buck
  Nicolas Calimet     Chris Cason         Aaron A. Collins    Chris Dailey
  Steve Demlow        Andreas Dilger      Alexander Enzmann   Dan Farmer
  Thorsten Froehlich  Mark Gordon         Jerome Grimbert     James Holsenback
  Christoph Hormann   Mike Hough          Chris Huff          Kari Kivisalo
  Nathan Kopp         Lutz Kretzschmar    Christoph Lipka     Jochen Lippert
  Pascal Massimino    Jim McElhiney       Douglas Muir        Juha Nieminen
  Ron Parker          William F. Pokorny  Bill Pulver         Eduard Schwan
  Wlodzimierz Skiba   Robert Skinner      Yvo Smellenbergh    Zsolt Szalavari
  Scott Taylor        Massimo Valentini   Timothy Wegner      Drew Wells
  Chris Young

Other contributors are listed in the documentation.

Support libraries used by POV-Ray:
  ZLib 1.2.8, Copyright 1995-2012 Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler
  LibPNG 1.4.20, Copyright 1998-2012 Glenn Randers-Pehrson
  LibJPEG 8, Copyright 1991-2016 Thomas G. Lane, Guido Vollbeding
  LibTIFF 3.9.7, Copyright 1988-1997 Sam Leffler, 1991-1997 SGI
  Boost 1.54, http://www.boost.org/
  OpenEXR 1.7.1 and IlmBase 1.0.3, Copyright (c) 2002-2011 Industrial Light &
 Magic.

Dynamic optimizations:
  CPU detected: Intel,SSE2,AVX
  Noise generator: avx-intel (hand-optimized by Intel)

Parser Options
  Input file: BipedRobot.pov
  Remove bounds........On
  Split unions.........Off
  Library paths:
    /home/jr/.local/povray/include
    /usr/local/share/povray-3.8/include
    /usr/share/fonts/local
  Clock value:    0.000  (Animation off)
Image Output Options
  Image resolution.....800 by 600 (rows 1 to 600, columns 1 to 800).
  Output file..........BipedRobot.png, 24 bpp PNG
  Dithering............Off
  Graphic display......On  (gamma: sRGB)
  Mosaic preview.......Off
  Continued trace......Off
Information Output Options
  All Streams to console..........On
  Debug Stream to console.........On
  Fatal Stream to console.........On
  Render Stream to console........On
  Statistics Stream to console....On
  Warning Stream to console.......On
==== [Parsing...] ==========================================================
File 'BipedRobot.pov' line 366: Possible Parse Error: Returning from macro.
File 'parse_string.tmp' line 1: Parse Error: Unable to file seek in return from
 macro.
Fatal error in parser: Cannot parse input.
Render failed


Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: New parser update
Date: 18 Sep 2018 16:33:43
Message: <5ba128e7$1@news.povray.org>
Am 18.09.2018 um 14:21 schrieb jr:

> the second scene I tried crashes.

Ouch. That didn't take long.

> Sep 18 13:05:59 crow kernel: [5793962.181497] povray380b[360882]: segfault at 8
> ip 0000000000547a8c sp 00007fcd3fbfcf88 error 4 in povray380b[400000+2a0000]
> 
> the same renders fine with other versions.
> 
> where should I send/post the archive with the scene, if needed?

Please do.

Various places would be ok. povray.binaries.scene-files for instance. If
you prefer for it to not be published, you can also e-mail it to
Christoph at Lipka-Koeln in beautiful Germany (de).


Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: New parser update
Date: 18 Sep 2018 16:36:09
Message: <5ba12979$1@news.povray.org>
Am 18.09.2018 um 18:33 schrieb clipka:

> Various places would be ok. povray.binaries.scene-files for instance. If
> you prefer for it to not be published, you can also e-mail it to
> Christoph at Lipka-Koeln in beautiful Germany (de).

Just thinking, if the scene would be excessively large, maybe refrain
from posting it on one of the newsgroups, and go for the e-mail as well.


Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: New parser update
Date: 18 Sep 2018 16:38:28
Message: <5ba12a04$1@news.povray.org>
Am 18.09.2018 um 16:58 schrieb jr:
> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
>>> Mainly cleaned up bugs related to `#ifdef` as well as dictionaries, and
>>> updated to new master version:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.8.0-x.tokenizer.9841908
>>>
>>> Please give this a thorough shakedown.
> 
> this scene too has problems:

Bring it on. I want to find out what I've screwed up.


Did you test the scenes with an earlier version of the x.tokenizer
experimental branch?


Post a reply to this message

From: jr
Subject: Re: New parser update
Date: 18 Sep 2018 17:00:00
Message: <web.5ba12e55a8754325b0d4fc1e0@news.povray.org>
hi,

clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
> Am 18.09.2018 um 18:33 schrieb clipka:
>
> > Various places would be ok. povray.binaries.scene-files for instance. If
> > you prefer for it to not be published, you can also e-mail it to
> > Christoph at Lipka-Koeln in beautiful Germany (de).
>
> Just thinking, if the scene would be excessively large, maybe refrain
> from posting it on one of the newsgroups, and go for the e-mail as well.

will do that.  in the next few minutes.


regards, jr.


Post a reply to this message

From: jr
Subject: Re: New parser update
Date: 18 Sep 2018 17:00:01
Message: <web.5ba12ed8a8754325b0d4fc1e0@news.povray.org>
hi,

clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
> Am 18.09.2018 um 16:58 schrieb jr:
> > "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> >> clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
> >>> Mainly cleaned up bugs related to `#ifdef` as well as dictionaries, and
> >>> updated to new master version:
> >>>
> >>> https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.8.0-x.tokenizer.9841908
> >>>
> >>> Please give this a thorough shakedown.
> >
> > this scene too has problems:
>
> Bring it on.

he cried..  :-)

> I want to find out what I've screwed up.
> Did you test the scenes with an earlier version of the x.tokenizer
> experimental branch?

no.  the 906-something alpha only.


regards, jr.


Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: New parser update
Date: 18 Sep 2018 23:06:42
Message: <5ba18502$1@news.povray.org>
Am 18.09.2018 um 16:58 schrieb jr:

> this scene too has problems:
...
> bones.inc version 1.01 for POV-Ray 3.5 or higher
...

For such a complex scene - with self-modifying code and shit - the
actual error scenario turned out to be almost disappointingly simple:

    #macro Foo()
    #end

    Foo()
         ^---- END OF FILE

So invoking a macro immediately at the end of a file is what breaks stuff.


Now to figure out how to fix this...


Post a reply to this message

From: Kenneth
Subject: Re: New parser update
Date: 18 Sep 2018 23:40:00
Message: <web.5ba18c49a8754325a47873e10@news.povray.org>
clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:

>
> For such a complex scene - with self-modifying code and shit - the
> actual error scenario turned out to be almost disappointingly simple:
>
>     #macro Foo()
>     #end
>
>     Foo()
>          ^---- END OF FILE
>
> So invoking a macro immediately at the end of a file is what breaks stuff.
>

Wow, that's weird. (the only useful comment I can make!)


Post a reply to this message

Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 1 Messages >>>

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.