POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : query: status of mesh in 3.8 Server Time
29 Mar 2024 11:41:50 EDT (-0400)
  query: status of mesh in 3.8 (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Le Forgeron
Subject: query: status of mesh in 3.8
Date: 27 Dec 2017 08:33:57
Message: <5a43a145$1@news.povray.org>
Greetings,

The discussion page of mesh in the wiki (
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference_Talk:Mesh
)
talks about the ability to load Wavefront (OBJ) files.

What is the current status of that evolution ?
(is it still to be in 3.8 (page says 3.7.1) ?)

Is the wiki doc to be updated for that change ?
(I guess the version number need to be updated in the talk page then
before updating the reference page)

Post a reply to this message

Am 27.12.2017 um 14:33 schrieb Le_Forgeron:
> Greetings,
>
> The discussion page of mesh in the wiki (
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference_Talk:Mesh
> )
> talks about the ability to load Wavefront (OBJ) files.
>
> What is the current status of that evolution ?
> (is it still to be in 3.8 (page says 3.7.1) ?)
>
> Is the wiki doc to be updated for that change ?
> (I guess the version number need to be updated in the talk page then
> before updating the reference page)

Currently no intention to add it to 3.8.0. Syntax needs more work. Might
be in some 3.8.1.