POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.9322209 Server Time
28 Mar 2024 06:46:12 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.9322209 (Message 1 to 10 of 34)
From: clipka
Subject: POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.9322209
Date: 21 Sep 2017 15:10:24
Message: <59c40ea0$1@news.povray.org>
Here's a new version of POV-Ray to test:

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.8.0-alpha.9322209

The most notable changes pertain to some defaults:

- The `ambient` finish setting now defaults to 0.0 instead of 0.1.
- The camera `right` vector now defaults to x*image_width/image_height
instead of 1.33.

For the new defaults to kick in, `#version 3.8` or higher must be
specified as the _very first_ statement in the scene file (or a
corresponding command line / INI file setting).

Be advised that this binary-only release wants to reside in an existing
v3.7.x installation.

Happy testing!

Post a reply to this message

> Here's a new version of POV-Ray to test:
>
> https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.8.0-alpha.9322209
>
> The most notable changes pertain to some defaults:
>
> - The `ambient` finish setting now defaults to 0.0 instead of 0.1.
> - The camera `right` vector now defaults to x*image_width/image_height
> instead of 1.33.
>
> For the new defaults to kick in, `#version 3.8` or higher must be
> specified as the _very first_ statement in the scene file (or a
> corresponding command line / INI file setting).
>

> Be advised that this binary-only release wants to reside in an existing
> v3.7.x installation.
>

> Happy testing!

Thanks.
Did any Uberpov/HG-Povray feature get merged in yet?

Post a reply to this message