POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.7.1-beta.5 released Server Time
28 Mar 2024 09:38:57 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray v3.7.1-beta.5 released (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: clipka
Subject: POV-Ray v3.7.1-beta.5 released
Date: 25 Mar 2017 11:30:00
Message: <58d68cf8$1@news.povray.org>
Beta 5 is out now:

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.7.1-beta.5

We have simplified the Windows build process for non-XP-compatible
custom builds (the official binaries are generated using a more
complicated XP-compatible build process though), and eliminated a few bugs.

Most importantly however, we have again improved performance (Kudos to
Bill Pokorny) over the previous beta, this time on all platforms.
Compared to 3.7.0, on Unix systems we expect to be roughly back at the
same performance, while on modern Windows systems we expect a noticeable
gain.

Happy Testing!

Post a reply to this message

On 2017-03-25 15:30:02 +0000, clipka said:

Macintosh version at:
http://megapov.inetart.net/povrayunofficial_mac/alphapov.html

Yvo

> Beta 5 is out now:
>
> https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.7.1-beta.5
>
> We have simplified the Windows build process for non-XP-compatible
> custom builds (the official binaries are generated using a more
> complicated XP-compatible build process though), and eliminated a few bugs.
>
> Most importantly however, we have again improved performance (Kudos to
> Bill Pokorny) over the previous beta, this time on all platforms.
> Compared to 3.7.0, on Unix systems we expect to be roughly back at the
> same performance, while on modern Windows systems we expect a noticeable
> gain.
>

> Happy Testing!

POV-Ray 3.7 unofficial: http://megapov.inetart.net/povrayunofficial_mac/
UberPOV Mac: http://megapov.inetart.net/uberpov_mac/index.html#Mac
MegaPOV: http://megapov.inetart.net
E-mail: yvo(DOT)s(AT)gmx.net

Post a reply to this message

while on modern Windows systems we expect a noticeable
> gain.

Compared to when? And by how much?

Mike

Post a reply to this message