POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Windows XP (or Server 2003) testing required Server Time
28 Mar 2024 19:59:08 EDT (-0400)
  Windows XP (or Server 2003) testing required (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: clipka
Subject: Windows XP (or Server 2003) testing required
Date: 3 Mar 2017 14:20:30
Message: <58b9c1fe$1@news.povray.org>
Hi folks,

I'd like to ask those of you who are still using (or have access to)
Windows XP (or Windows Server 2003), either 32 or 64 bit, to test-drive
the following binaries:

http://wiki.povray.org/clipka-files/povray-3.7.1-beta.3-140xp-Win32.zip

http://wiki.povray.org/clipka-files/povray-3.7.1-beta.3-140xp-Win32-sse2.zip

http://wiki.povray.org/clipka-files/povray-3.7.1-beta.3-140xp-Win64.zip

All binaries need a pre-existing installation of 3.7.1-beta.3, and are
intended as drop-in replacements for the beta.3's binaries.

Please test whether these binaries run on XP at all, and if so, give
them a thorough shakedown.

In particular, please pay attention whether the binaries exhibit any of
the following two symptoms previously observed by StephenS with some
development builds:

- `Warning: did not find colors.inc` being reported at program start
- `pvengine.ini` getting overwritten at each program start

Post a reply to this message

> I'd like to ask those of you who are still using (or have access to)
> Windows XP (or Windows Server 2003), either 32 or 64 bit, to test-drive
> the following binaries:
>

> http://wiki.povray.org/clipka-files/povray-3.7.1-beta.3-140xp-Win32.zip
>
> http://wiki.povray.org/clipka-files/povray-3.7.1-beta.3-140xp-Win32-sse2.zip
>
> http://wiki.povray.org/clipka-files/povray-3.7.1-beta.3-140xp-Win64.zip

Update - I have reason to expect the above to not work properly; please
test the following instead:

http://wiki.povray.org/clipka-files/povray-3.7.1-beta.3-140xp2-Win32.zip

http://wiki.povray.org/clipka-files/povray-3.7.1-beta.3-140xp2-Win32-sse2.zip

http://wiki.povray.org/clipka-files/povray-3.7.1-beta.3-140xp2-Win64.zip

> All binaries need a pre-existing installation of 3.7.1-beta.3, and are
> intended as drop-in replacements for the beta.3's binaries.
>
> Please test whether these binaries run on XP at all, and if so, give
> them a thorough shakedown.
>
> In particular, please pay attention whether the binaries exhibit any of
> the following two symptoms previously observed by StephenS with some
> development builds:
>
> - `Warning: did not find colors.inc` being reported at program start
> - `pvengine.ini` getting overwritten at each program start

Post a reply to this message

> - `Warning: did not find colors.inc` being reported at program start
> - `pvengine.ini` getting overwritten at each program start

pvengine32.exe still showing both.
pvengine32-sse2.exe not starting for my processor.

StephenS

Post a reply to this message