POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Windows XP (or Server 2003) testing required Server Time
28 Mar 2024 12:30:17 EDT (-0400)
  Windows XP (or Server 2003) testing required (Message 11 to 15 of 15)
From: StephenS
Subject: Re: Windows XP (or Server 2003) testing required
Date: 4 Mar 2017 08:03:40
Message: <58babb2c$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/03/2017 7:34 AM, clipka wrote:
> Am 04.03.2017 um 01:41 schrieb StephenS:
>> On 03/03/2017 2:20 PM, clipka wrote:
>>> - `Warning: did not find colors.inc` being reported at program start
>>> - `pvengine.ini` getting overwritten at each program start
>>>
>> pvengine32.exe still showing both.
>> pvengine32-sse2.exe not starting for my processor.
>
> BTW, what Service Pack of XP are you running?

SP3

Stephen S

Post a reply to this message

From: StephenS
Date: 4 Mar 2017 10:35:24
Message: <58badebc$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/03/2017 7:34 AM, clipka wrote:
> Am 04.03.2017 um 01:41 schrieb StephenS:
>> On 03/03/2017 2:20 PM, clipka wrote:
>>> - `Warning: did not find colors.inc` being reported at program start
>>> - `pvengine.ini` getting overwritten at each program start
>>>
>> pvengine32.exe still showing both.
>> pvengine32-sse2.exe not starting for my processor.
>
> BTW, what Service Pack of XP are you running?

See post in p.b-t.binaries.

Stephen S

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 12 Mar 2017 16:09:30
Message: <58c5aafa$1@news.povray.org>
XP testing is once again highly welcome:

http://wiki.povray.org/clipka-files/pvengine32_XP_20170312.7z
http://wiki.povray.org/clipka-files/pvengine64_XP_20170312.7z

The former carries both 32-bit vanilla and 32-bit SSE2. The latter
carries the 64-bit version.

As before (except read "beta.4" instead of "beta.3"):

> All binaries need a pre-existing installation of 3.7.1-beta.3, and are
> intended as drop-in replacements for the beta.3's binaries.
>
> Please test whether these binaries run on XP at all, and if so, give
> them a thorough shakedown.
>
> In particular, please pay attention whether the binaries exhibit any of
> the following two symptoms previously observed by StephenS with some
> development builds:
>
> - `Warning: did not find colors.inc` being reported at program start
> - `pvengine.ini` getting overwritten at each program start

Post a reply to this message

> XP testing is once again highly welcome:
>> - `Warning: did not find colors.inc` being reported at program start
>> - `pvengine.ini` getting overwritten at each program start

Seems to be working, including current cmedit32-sse2.dll.

Stephen S

Post a reply to this message