POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Wavefront OBJ import Server Time
16 May 2024 17:30:34 EDT (-0400)
  Wavefront OBJ import (Message 2 to 11 of 31)
<<< Previous 1 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Bill Pragnell
Subject: Re: Wavefront OBJ import
Date: 14 Sep 2016 01:20:00
Message: <web.57d8ddb5d98a4381a1334c0c0@news.povray.org>
[snip]

Excellent! This will be very useful. Almost everything can export to obj, so
this immediately improves workflow for any project that uses a third-party
modeller.

Presumably the slight increase in read speed over mesh2 stems from the fact that
..obj is slightly less verbose in its syntax?

Bill

Post a reply to this message

Am 14.09.2016 um 07:18 schrieb Bill Pragnell:
> [snip]
>
> Excellent! This will be very useful. Almost everything can export to obj, so
> this immediately improves workflow for any project that uses a third-party
> modeller.

That of course depends on the quality of the exporter. If it exports
poor meshes, with flipped normals and stuff, an external tool like
PoseRay is still recommended.

> Presumably the slight increase in read speed over mesh2 stems from the fact that
> ...obj is slightly less verbose in its syntax?

Exactly.

Post a reply to this message