POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Wondering about undocumented features brilliance features? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 12:25:30 EDT (-0400)
  Wondering about undocumented features brilliance features? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: William F Pokorny
Subject: Wondering about undocumented features brilliance features?
Date: 1 Sep 2016 11:53:03
Message: <57c84edf$1@news.povray.org>
In doing some texture testing recently ran across a commit in 54b283a
the comments for which listed brilliance features that are not
documented that I could see (have I missed it?).

I've been playing with these some in our current 3.7.1 master branch and
they seem useful.

In the radiosity block :

brilliance on/off

In the finish block a second parameter for brilliance applying the
effect to outgoing light as well as in:

brilliance 2,2

Is there a reason these features are not documented ?

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

Le 16-09-01 à 11:53, William F Pokorny a écrit :
> In doing some texture testing recently ran across a commit in 54b283a
> the comments for which listed brilliance features that are not
> documented that I could see (have I missed it?).
>
> I've been playing with these some in our current 3.7.1 master branch and
> they seem useful.
>
> In the radiosity block :
>
> brilliance on/off
>
> In the finish block a second parameter for brilliance applying the
> effect to outgoing light as well as in:
>
> brilliance 2,2
>
> Is there a reason these features are not documented ?
>
> Bill P.

Yes, they where only recently introduced and not yet part of any stable
release.

Post a reply to this message

> Le 16-09-01 à 11:53, William F Pokorny a écrit :
>> In doing some texture testing recently ran across a commit in 54b283a
>> the comments for which listed brilliance features that are not
>> documented that I could see (have I missed it?).
>>
>> I've been playing with these some in our current 3.7.1 master branch and
>> they seem useful.
>>
>> In the radiosity block :
>>
>> brilliance on/off
>>
>> In the finish block a second parameter for brilliance applying the
>> effect to outgoing light as well as in:
>>
>> brilliance 2,2
>>
>> Is there a reason these features are not documented ?
>>
>> Bill P.
>>

> Yes, they where only recently introduced and not yet part of any stable
> release.

Alright. I'll take the features as tentative ones which might get
removed from the final 3.7.1 and not now propose documentation on the
wiki for them. Thanks.

Bill P.