POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Experimental tonemapping Server Time
19 Mar 2024 03:55:43 EDT (-0400)
  Experimental tonemapping (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Tim Riley
Subject: Re: Experimental tonemapping
Date: 13 Apr 2016 19:16:15
Message: <570ed33f$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the offer, but I went back to your original email then looked
at my code a twentieth time and realized that I had placed the
tonemapping code /after/ the global_settings block instead of inside it.
I just got a 4K monitor and the font size is a little smaller than I'm
used to. I'm going to have to either increase the font size, or pay
closer attention.

On 4/12/2016 1:04 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 12.04.2016 um 06:44 schrieb Tim Riley:
>> A simple question from a simple mind: what #version statement needs to
>> be used? It's gagging on the "tonemapping" statement.
>
> As far as the tonemapping statement is concerned, the experimental
> version doesn't care what "#version" statement you use.
>
> If you post the scene that gives you the error message, I should be able
> to tell you whether it is a problem with the scene or a problem with the
> version of POV-Ray you're using.

Post a reply to this message

Am 14.04.2016 um 01:16 schrieb Tim Riley:
> Thanks for the offer, but I went back to your original email then looked
> at my code a twentieth time and realized that I had placed the
> tonemapping code /after/ the global_settings block instead of inside it.
> I just got a 4K monitor and the font size is a little smaller than I'm
> used to. I'm going to have to either increase the font size, or pay
> closer attention.

That's why I have my 4K divided across two displays ;)

In software development there's no substitute for /physical/ screen real
estate.