POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : REQUEST: Editor Features (2) Server Time
28 Mar 2024 20:40:23 EDT (-0400)
  REQUEST: Editor Features (2) (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: REQUEST: Editor Features (2)
Date: 29 Dec 2015 18:14:27
Message: <568313d3$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

what do you all think about the following new editor feature? Feedback
welcome.

Declaration Listing

On the side of the editor window, on demand, could be a listing of all
declared items inside that opened scene file, and in the order of their
position inside the text file.

Example

#declare MySphere
{
 < 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 > 1.0
 pigment { rgb < 1.0, 0.0, 0.5 >
}

#declare MyBox
{
< 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 > < 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 >
pigment { rgb < 1.0, 0.0, 0.5 >
}

The Declaration Listing would list this:
- MySphere
- MyBox

A click on any of the listed names lets you jump towards that
declaration inside the scene text file.

Such a feature, in my believe, lets you find faster what you're looking
for, and also lets you navigate faster. If you don't need that list, you
minimize it towards the left edge.

Post a reply to this message