POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Most Needed: New Shape: Human Server Time
28 Mar 2024 10:28:30 EDT (-0400)
  Most Needed: New Shape: Human (Message 6 to 15 of 15)
From: Alain
Subject: Re: Most Needed: New Shape: Human
Date: 16 Dec 2015 20:01:19
Message: <5672095f@news.povray.org>
Le 15-12-15 21:47, Sven Littkowski a écrit :
> I once again want to suggest to the shape developers of POV-Ray, to add
> the following new shape to the POV-Ray shape collection:
>
> HUMAN
>
> This shape would greatly serve as reference to countless scenes. And
> this shape could be manipulated the following way: The human statement
> creates a human shape standing at the coordinates < 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 > and
> towering along the Y axis, the body facing the same direction as an
> "image_map". There are a few body modifications possible. The syntax is:
>
> human
> {
>   Body_height
>   [waist_angle WAIST_ANGLE] [head_angle HEAD_ANGLE]
>   [face_action FACE_ACTION] [body_action BODY_ACTION]
>   [OBJECT_MODIFIERS...]
> }

You may take a look at blobman.
Compared to that, your parameters list is way to small.
You need to provide:
angle at the hip (2D), knee and ankle, with tortion (both 2D), as well
as the position of each toes (3D), for each leg.
a bend angle (forward-back and sideway) and tortion angle for the torso.
angle got the shoulder (2D), elbow (2D), wrist (3D) and fingers
positions for each fingers (4 values per finger including the thumb) for
both arms.
mouth opening and thongue position
eyes orientation and distance
facial expression
ears location

That's about it for the positioning.
Next, some details:
skin, eyes and hairs colours.
lips and nipples colour.
sex, with optionaly breasts size, form, placement,...
hight
weight
weight distribution
divergence of leg and harms length relative to the average.
muscularity/build
age from child, or even new born, to adult.

That's a *LOT* of parameters!

Post a reply to this message