POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Preview output messes up with higher resolutions. Server Time
23 Apr 2024 06:59:36 EDT (-0400)
  Preview output messes up with higher resolutions. (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Ger
Subject: Preview output messes up with higher resolutions.
Date: 28 Mar 2013 16:20:02
Message: <5154a5f2$1@news.povray.org>
Rendering at 1920x1080 I get the result as shown in p.b.i (900+ renders).
Running at a lower resolution shows the correct preview.
The stored images are correct.

--
Ger

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Date: 29 Mar 2013 03:30:08
Message: <51554300$1@news.povray.org>
Le 28/03/2013 21:20, Ger a écrit :
> Rendering at 1920x1080 I get the result as shown in p.b.i (900+ renders).
> Running at a lower resolution shows the correct preview.
> The stored images are correct.

Hint for investigators, it seems, from the description in p.b.i, that
when the preview (in Unix) need to be scaled (because the window
wouldn't fit the display), preview of animations do not get the same
treatment as when preview is not scaled. One might clear the preview and
the other might not.

Ger, can you confirm that this describes your problem ?
And that the version of povray is 3.7RC7 ?

--
Just because nobody complains does not mean all parachutes are perfect.

Post a reply to this message

From: Ger
Date: 29 Mar 2013 13:12:45
Message: <5155cb8d$1@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron wrote:

> Le 28/03/2013 21:20, Ger a écrit :
>> Rendering at 1920x1080 I get the result as shown in p.b.i (900+ renders).
>> Running at a lower resolution shows the correct preview.
>> The stored images are correct.
>>
> Hint for investigators, it seems, from the description in p.b.i, that
> when the preview (in Unix) need to be scaled (because the window
> wouldn't fit the display), preview of animations do not get the same
> treatment as when preview is not scaled. One might clear the preview and
> the other might not.
>
> Ger, can you confirm that this describes your problem ?

I don't think that's  totally true. In both scaled and non-scaled the
preview image should be overwritten. In the scaled preview it looks more
like the next image gets added to the existing image on screen. That's why
you get the washed out motion-like result.

> And that the version of povray is 3.7RC7 ?

Correct. 3.7 RC7 compiled with boost/OpenEXR libs on Opensuse Linux 12.3,
running on AMD 8-core.

--
Ger