POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : RC7 available Server Time
18 Apr 2024 13:47:31 EDT (-0400)
  RC7 available (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Chris Cason
Subject: RC7 available
Date: 23 Feb 2013 03:05:53
Message: <51287861@news.povray.org>
Folks,

3.7 RC7 is now available at http://www.povray.org/beta/.

Barring any catastrophic issues this is the final RC before 3.7 release.

Windows users will probably be pleased to know that it is now possible
to have custom keywords for syntax highlighting and completion: see the
tools menu for a shortcut to edit the definition file.

-----------------------------------
Changes between 3.7.RC6 and 3.7.RC7
-----------------------------------

   - This is the FINAL release candidate. It features continued refinements to
     the Windows user interface as well as the setup/install process, fixes
     found by static code analysis, and various other bug fixes.

Windows Installer:
------------------

   - Improvements to file association code.
   - Improved cloning of v3.6 INI and provide better defaults.
   - Various fixes/improvements to the way Windows INSTALL works and how the
     documents path is auto-detected if not specified.
   - Additional setup tweaks.

Windows Crash Reports:
----------------------

   - Fix to handle filenames with a comma in them: crash report #419.

Static Code Analysis:
---------------------

   - CID 967356: Uninitialized scalar variable
     uninit_use: Using uninitialized value "r". See also FS#267

   - CID 967224: Truncated stdio return value
     char_io: Assigning the return value of "pov_base::ITextStream::getchar()"
     to char "chr" truncated its value

   - CID 967248: Copy-paste error
     copy_paste_error: "t1" in "t1 < 1e+07." looks like a copy-paste error.
     Should it says "t2" instead

   - CID 967249  Resource leak in object
     1. alloc_new: Allocating memory by calling
        "new double[camera.Blur_Samples]"
     2. var_assign: Assigning: "this->Sample_Threshold" =
        "new double[camera.Blur_Samples]"
     3. ctor_dtor_leak: The constructor allocates field "Sample_Threshold" of
        "pov::TracePixel::FocalBlurData" but the destructor and whatever
        functions it calls do not free it

   - CID 967420: Non-virtual destructor
     Nonvirtual_dtor: Class pov::RadiosityTask::RadiosityBlockInfo has a
     destructor and a pointer to it is upcast to class pov::ViewData::BlockInfo
     which doesn't have a virtual destructor

Fixed or mitigated the following bug reports:

   - http://bugs.povray.org/task/270  render abort-continue (+C) skips blocks
   - http://bugs.povray.org/task/267  bug in "sor" primitive causes artifacts
   - http://bugs.povray.org/task/266  improper quoted strings handling
   - http://bugs.povray.org/task/265  supress clang compilation warnings
   - http://bugs.povray.org/task/257  Input file resuming animation render
   - http://bugs.povray.org/task/249  UTF-8 files with BOM read error
   - http://bugs.povray.org/task/247  set no_radiosity in Screen_Object()
   - http://bugs.povray.org/task/238  error during #read leaves file open
   - http://bugs.povray.org/task/234  allows GD flag to work correctly
   - http://bugs.povray.org/task/233  picture index out of range
   - http://bugs.povray.org/task/232  illegal map_type usage reporting
   - http://bugs.povray.org/task/224  syntax highlighting/auto-comp (windows)
   - http://bugs.povray.org/task/153  determine I/O permission for output file
   - http://bugs.povray.org/task/150  improves POVWIN shell "open with" option
   - http://bugs.povray.org/task/135  editor tab right-click menu additions
   - http://bugs.povray.org/task/109  frame-by-frame debug data handling

Other Noteworthy:
-----------------

    - Several updates to #5678 (FS#233): workaround for fmod() apparently not
      conforming to C++ standard on some linux machines.
    - Fixed radiosity issues with "diffuse albedo" syntax.
    - Fix for benchmark thread vs CPU count (windows version).
    - Fix to get rid of a shape/poly.cpp compile warning on Linux variants
    - Added (re-enabled) crand support.
    - Couple of fixes for an issue caused by a "boost" change.
    - Build-in benchmark can now render without external distribution files.
    - Fixed a bug in file-backed image container.
    - Bump benchmark version to 2.01
    - Various windows user interface refinements
    - Added new option to prevent the system (windows) from sleeping whilst a
      render is in progress. by default this is selected.
    - Fix a long-standing bug where pressing 'pause' during a parse or render
      could sometimes put the frontend/backend sync into an unrecoverable state
    - Updated copyright information for some 3rd party libraries.
    - A few signedness fixes in image handling code.
    - Continued code cleanup including getting rid of unused code & parameters.
    - Updated VS project libraries: zlib, libpng, libjpeg
    - Added Append_File +GP option, which allows users to append streamed
      console to existing console stream output file(s).

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message