POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 3.7rc6 on Raspberry PI, compile errors Server Time
17 May 2024 12:31:21 EDT (-0400)
  3.7rc6 on Raspberry PI, compile errors (Message 11 to 14 of 14)
From: Le Forgeron
Subject: Re: 3.7rc6 on Raspberry PI, compile errors
Date: 18 Aug 2012 03:29:11
Message: <502f4447$1@news.povray.org>
Le 17/08/2012 23:19, clipka nous fit lire :
> Am 17.08.2012 22:08, schrieb Le_Forgeron:
>
>> Should the literal be extended with a "u" to make it happy ?
>
> Yes.
>
>> (only the 3 big ones)
>
> Why not all of them?

Your wish are my command.

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 18 Aug 2012 05:28:46
Message: <502f604e$1@news.povray.org>
Am 18.08.2012 03:05, schrieb Cousin Ricky:
>> (in the German "GSCII", for instance, those were the umlauts, the sz
>> ligature, and the German paragraph sign),
>
> Why does a German acronym begin with the letter 'G'?

Because in this case it's a variation of an English acronym?

Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Date: 18 Aug 2012 06:10:19
Message: <502f6a0b$1@news.povray.org>
Le 17/08/2012 23:17, clipka nous fit lire :
>>    renderfrontend.cpp:1165:57: warning: trigraph ??) ignored, use
>> -trigraphs to enable [-Wtrigraphs]
>
> Trigraphs suck, but yes, we should avoid them.

The issue with trigraph is that young coders do not know they might
indeed use them without knowing. Same would go for digraph, but the
pattern is less obvious for them.

Trigraph in C are started by a doube ?. So chess comments are dangerous
in C. ( ?? (blunder, in chess) ).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digraphs_and_trigraphs

Here, trigraph happens with ??)

Post a reply to this message