POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : RC6 available Server Time
30 Apr 2024 11:59:14 EDT (-0400)
  RC6 available (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Chris Cason
Subject: RC6 available
Date: 25 Jun 2012 13:27:06
Message: <4fe89f6a$1@news.povray.org>
Folks,

3.7 RC6 is now available at http://www.povray.org/beta/.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

From: BertvdB
Subject: Re: RC6 available
Date: 27 Jun 2012 15:50:00
Message: <web.4feb63d0903fbce3d25d21bf0@news.povray.org>
> Folks,
>
> 3.7 RC6 is now available at http://www.povray.org/beta/.
>
> -- Chris

This version works fine with xp64, thanx
Bert

Post a reply to this message

From: waggy
Date: 28 Jun 2012 20:45:01
Message: <web.4fecfa7e903fbce39726a3c10@news.povray.org>
Chris Cason wrote:
> 3.7 RC6 is now available at http://www.povray.org/beta/.

Installed fine on Kubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise), with build-essential already
installed.

sudo apt-get install libboost-thread-dev zlib1g-dev libpng12-dev
libjpeg-turbo8-dev libtiff4-dev libopenexr-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev
../configure COMPILED_BY="your name <email@address>"
make check
sudo make install

povray --benchmark
[...]
Render Time:
  Photon Time:      0 hours  0 minutes  5 seconds (5.986 seconds)
              using 19 thread(s) with 6.875 CPU-seconds total
  Radiosity Time:   No radiosity
  Trace Time:       0 hours  2 minutes 18 seconds (138.180 seconds)
              using 16 thread(s) with 2133.519 CPU-seconds total

[4xAMD8347, 1.9GHz, 64GB RAM]

Post a reply to this message