POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : RC5 32 bit, not releasing memory on failure to load a large file. Server Time
20 May 2024 19:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  RC5 32 bit, not releasing memory on failure to load a large file. (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: RC5 32 bit, not releasing memory on failure to load a large file.
Date: 24 Apr 2012 16:42:08
Message: <4f971020@news.povray.org>
On 24/04/2012 7:41 PM, Chris Cason wrote:

> Thanks for the offer, I don't expect that's needed though - I would
> suspect the issue isn't related to the content.

Nor I but I thought that I would offer.

> You could try a
> different (but similarly large) file to see if it happens with that too.

I added a 440 Meg file which loaded after a while with the memory
peaking at 2.0 GB and falling to 1.2 GB after it loaded.

I restarted Pov, added a 200 Meg file seven times and on the eighth
attempt I got the message:

Failed to open the file: Invalid message box style.

Process Explorer records PovRay having 2.7 GB of private memory.

I closed all files - 22 MB memory.
Added again and got the message again. 185. MB memory.

I was able to run a render.

I tried to add the 200 Meg file and I got the message:

Failed to open file:
Not enough storage is available to process this command.

My wife gave me another message.
I got the message. ;-)

--
Regards