POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : RC4 and the docs Server Time
25 Apr 2024 13:35:31 EDT (-0400)
  RC4 and the docs (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: RC4 and the docs
Date: 28 Feb 2012 07:59:16
Message: <4f4ccfa4$1@news.povray.org>
Is it just me? When opening the Docs (F1), typing a search string, and
double-clicking on one of the results in the list, brings me to a
non-relevant place in the docs.

Examples:
pigments, pigment_map, or pigment_pattern, all bring me to 3.5.12.7.2
The map_type Option. This is not what I am looking for.

pigment maps, brings me to 2.3.11.10.5 Creating the triangles. ???

plain textures, brings me to 3.8.13 Global Settings. More ????

point light source, brings me to 2.2.8.2 Using INI Files....

Shall I continue?  ;-)

Something seems to be broken here...

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On 28/02/2012 12:59 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Is it just me? When opening the Docs (F1), typing a search string, and
> double-clicking on one of the results in the list, brings me to a
> non-relevant place in the docs.

It is just you ;-)

I mentioned it in p.d.inbuilt, Jim and Chris know about it.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 28/02/2012 12:59 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> Is it just me? When opening the Docs (F1), typing a search string, and
>> double-clicking on one of the results in the list, brings me to a
>> non-relevant place in the docs.
>

> It is just you ;-)
>
> I mentioned it in p.d.inbuilt, Jim and Chris know about it.

Yep ... Thorsten and I changed the format of <indexentry> tags for
something we were working on for the Wiki and I failed to flag Chris on
it. He (Chris) does some post-processing to the documentation before
formatting it into windows help format (chm) ... sorry about that folks!

Post a reply to this message

> I mentioned it in p.d.inbuilt, Jim and Chris know about it.
p.d.inbuilt? Never heard of that one, but good that it is known.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: James Holsenback
Date: 28 Feb 2012 10:09:49
Message: <4f4cee3d$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/28/2012 10:03 AM, James Holsenback wrote:
> On 02/28/2012 09:26 AM, Stephen wrote:
>> On 28/02/2012 12:59 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>> Is it just me? When opening the Docs (F1), typing a search string, and
>>> double-clicking on one of the results in the list, brings me to a
>>> non-relevant place in the docs.
>>

>> It is just you ;-)
>>
>> I mentioned it in p.d.inbuilt, Jim and Chris know about it.
>>

> Yep ... Thorsten and I changed the format of <indexentry> tags for
> something we were working on for the Wiki and I failed to flag Chris on
> it. He (Chris) does some post-processing to the documentation before
> formatting it into windows help format (chm) ... sorry about that folks!

I /may/ take a bullet for mentioning this but check out:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Special:Index

Keep in mind it's still a work in progress

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Feb 2012 10:56:57
Message: <4f4cf949$1@news.povray.org>
On 28-2-2012 16:10, James Holsenback wrote:
>> Yep ... Thorsten and I changed the format of <indexentry> tags for
>> something we were working on for the Wiki and I failed to flag Chris on
>> it. He (Chris) does some post-processing to the documentation before
>> formatting it into windows help format (chm) ... sorry about that folks!
>
> I /may/ take a bullet for mentioning this but check out:
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Special:Index
>
> Keep in mind it's still a work in progress

Thanks Jim. We shall survive (just) the ensuing chaos comparable to the
Maya calender events (I guess this is one of the preliminary ones) :-)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Date: 28 Feb 2012 22:24:22
Message: <4f4d9a66@news.povray.org>

> Is it just me? When opening the Docs (F1), typing a search string, and
> double-clicking on one of the results in the list, brings me to a
> non-relevant place in the docs.
>
> Examples:
> pigments, pigment_map, or pigment_pattern, all bring me to 3.5.12.7.2
> The map_type Option. This is not what I am looking for.
>
> pigment maps, brings me to 2.3.11.10.5 Creating the triangles. ???
>
> plain textures, brings me to 3.8.13 Global Settings. More ????
>
> point light source, brings me to 2.2.8.2 Using INI Files....
>
> Shall I continue? ;-)
>
> Something seems to be broken here...
>
> Thomas

Not just you.
It looks almost totaly broken.
Clicking a key word in a scene also don't work.
The index part almost always lead to totaly unrelated areas, and if you
land in the correct area, it's normaly not at the correct location.

Alain