POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : RC4 SSLT question Server Time
18 May 2024 14:04:46 EDT (-0400)
  RC4 SSLT question (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: RC4 SSLT question
Date: 29 Feb 2012 03:00:02
Message: <4f4ddb02$1@news.povray.org>
On 28-2-2012 18:40, Stephen wrote:
> On 28/02/2012 4:44 PM, clipka wrote:
>> I've only recently heard of Poser figures coming with translucency maps,
>> which obviously need to specify values in the range 0..1; it would be
>> interesting to know what parameterization is used there, so we could
>> adapt POV-Ray to easily make use of them as well; the SSLT syntax is
>> therefore still in flow.
>
> I've not heard of that. Interesting!

For what it's worth :-)  I mentioned that in my latest post in p.t.poser.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 29 Feb 2012 11:12:33
Message: <4f4e4e71$1@news.povray.org>
On 29/02/2012 7:59 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 28-2-2012 18:40, Stephen wrote:
>> On 28/02/2012 4:44 PM, clipka wrote:
>>> I've only recently heard of Poser figures coming with translucency maps,
>>> which obviously need to specify values in the range 0..1; it would be
>>> interesting to know what parameterization is used there, so we could
>>> adapt POV-Ray to easily make use of them as well; the SSLT syntax is
>>> therefore still in flow.
>>
>> I've not heard of that. Interesting!
>
> For what it's worth :-) I mentioned that in my latest post in p.t.poser.
>
> Thomas
When you were talking about hair?
I thought that clipa was talking about the body meshes.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Mar 2012 03:29:13
Message: <4f4f3359$1@news.povray.org>
On 29-2-2012 17:12, Stephen wrote:
> When you were talking about hair?
> I thought that clipa was talking about the body meshes.

My latest is about body meshes ;-)

See message: "Use and significance of the different body maps in Poser 8+"

Thomas