POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Impressed Server Time
18 May 2024 12:37:13 EDT (-0400)
  Impressed (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Impressed
Date: 29 Nov 2011 14:02:05
Message: <4ed52c2d$1@news.povray.org>
Just wanted to drop a note and say I'm very impressed with the multicore
support in 3.7RC3.

I ran the benchmark in 3.6 on my new system (Athlon X4 3.1 GHz quad-core)
and it took about 13 minutes to render at 384x384.

With 3.7, it took about 2 minutes.  Oddly, though, I couldn't get it to
display the output while it rendered.  Should +d work when rendering with
multiple cores?

Jim

Post a reply to this message

Should +d work when rendering with multiple cores?

should ... and does ;-)

Post a reply to this message

Am 29.11.2011 20:02, schrieb Jim Henderson:

> With 3.7, it took about 2 minutes.  Oddly, though, I couldn't get it to
> display the output while it rendered.  Should +d work when rendering with
> multiple cores?

AFAIR you don't get output when running the built-in benchmark.

Post a reply to this message

> Am 29.11.2011 20:02, schrieb Jim Henderson:
>
>> With 3.7, it took about 2 minutes. Oddly, though, I couldn't get it to
>> display the output while it rendered. Should +d work when rendering with
>> multiple cores?
>
> AFAIR you don't get output when running the built-in benchmark.

guess I didn't read it completely (old eye's I'd imagine) ... they say
that's the 2nd thing to go ;-)

Post a reply to this message