POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [RC3 on Linux x86_64] Unable to render input files whose name starts with 'm' Server Time
18 May 2024 09:46:04 EDT (-0400)
  [RC3 on Linux x86_64] Unable to render input files whose name starts with 'm' (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Lars R
Subject: [RC3 on Linux x86_64] Unable to render input files whose name starts with 'm'
Date: 19 Apr 2011 09:13:35
Message: <4dad8a7f$1@news.povray.org>
Very strange: I tried to render my mesh.pov:

   /home/foo/bin/povray37 -imesh.pov

and I got:

   Failed to parse command-line option.

The same thing occurs with mm.pov, m.pov etc.

If I rename the file to foo.pov it works fine. What went wrong here?

Lars R.

PS: If you are unable to reproduce the bug what can I send to you?
strace? core dump? ^^

Post a reply to this message

> Very strange: I tried to render my mesh.pov:
>
>     /home/foo/bin/povray37 -imesh.pov
>
> and I got:
>
>     Failed to parse command-line option.
>
> The same thing occurs with mm.pov, m.pov etc.
>
> If I rename the file to foo.pov it works fine. What went wrong here?
>
> Lars R.
>
> PS: If you are unable to reproduce the bug what can I send to you?
> strace? core dump? ^^

already reported in: http://bugs.povray.org/task/194
change #5414 fixed it

Post a reply to this message