POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 3.7 RC3, One suggestion/request Server Time
18 May 2024 09:46:24 EDT (-0400)
  3.7 RC3, One suggestion/request (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: 3.7 RC3, One suggestion/request
Date: 25 Feb 2011 22:23:22
Message: <4d68722a$1@news.povray.org>
How difficult would it be to be able to add an option to indicate which
blocks are currently being rendered? I often wonder where the render
threads are sitting, sometimes its obvious, sometimes its not.

Just an idea. Obviously, this should be a command line option, those
that don't want the current block to show can turn it off.

Thanks for the great effort to get the next version to this point guys.
My hats off to the POV-Team. 3.7 has been a long road to a new release.
I've often wondered if 3.7 would ever get to the stage its at now.

Thanks for the awesome work. Can't wait to see what's in store for the
future of our favorite raytracer.

Post a reply to this message

Am 26.02.2011 04:23, schrieb Mike Raiford:
> How difficult would it be to be able to add an option to indicate which
> blocks are currently being rendered? I often wonder where the render
> threads are sitting, sometimes its obvious, sometimes its not.

Since December, 3.7.0 is essentially feature-frozen, and changes are
limited to bugfixes (the new SSLT syntax was an exception). There'll be
a 3.7.1 for sure though, and I'm pretty confident it won't take nearly
as long as 3.7.0.

Post a reply to this message