POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Find/Replace odd behavior in Windows RC3x64 Server Time
1 Jun 2024 21:19:12 EDT (-0400)
  Find/Replace odd behavior in Windows RC3x64 (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: CShake
Subject: Find/Replace odd behavior in Windows RC3x64
Date: 20 Jan 2011 18:01:05
Message: <4d38beb1$1@news.povray.org>
The RC3 frontend seems to have screwed up the "preserve case" behavior,
I had one instance where I tried to replace a word with a CamelCase
substitution and it came out Camelcase, and another where I tried to
replace an all lowercase word and the replacements were all full caps.

When that check is disabled it seems to always replace with lowercase; I
thought it was supposed to replace with exactly what is specified, while
the "preserve case" is meant to be making the search pattern
case-insensitive (i.e. adding "i" to the end of a regex pattern).

Specific examples can be provided, but I don't think this behavior is
unique to me as I just installed RC3x64 this afternoon and only rendered
a few images before noticing it.