POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Crash in windows frontend (beta40) Server Time
23 Jun 2024 16:09:59 EDT (-0400)
  Crash in windows frontend (beta40) (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: CShake
Subject: Crash in windows frontend (beta40)
Date: 13 Dec 2010 19:37:41
Message: <4d06bc55$1@news.povray.org>
Search->Replace
Find: "something"
Replace with: "" [empty string]

Clicked "Replace All"

Boom.

Though now I can't seem to recreate the problem, and I clicked the wrong
button and it saved a 190MB dump that I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want,
so this report isn't going to be that useful.

Post a reply to this message

> Though now I can't seem to recreate the problem, and I clicked the wrong
> button and it saved a 190MB dump that I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want,
> so this report isn't going to be that useful.

I would definitely like to get this. Can you try compressing it with 7-zip
or bzip2 and see what it comes down to?

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

>> Though now I can't seem to recreate the problem, and I clicked the wrong
>> button and it saved a 190MB dump that I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want,
>> so this report isn't going to be that useful.
>
> I would definitely like to get this. Can you try compressing it with 7-zip
> or bzip2 and see what it comes down to?
>
> -- Chris
Got it down to 42.6MB with 7z (included the metadata file), I can upload
it to my server, do you want me to email you the link at your
newsadmin2@ email?

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Cason
Date: 14 Dec 2010 09:47:31
Message: <4d078383@news.povray.org>
On 15/12/2010 01:38, CShake wrote:
> Got it down to 42.6MB with 7z (included the metadata file), I can upload
> it to my server, do you want me to email you the link at your
> newsadmin2@ email?

yes thanks.

-- Chris