POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Bugtracking status Server Time
30 Jun 2024 13:23:04 EDT (-0400)
  Bugtracking status (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: clipka
Subject: Bugtracking status
Date: 15 Apr 2010 06:56:03
Message: <4bc6f0c3$1@news.povray.org>
Our FlySpray bug- and feature-request-tracker at http://bugs.povray.org
is nearing its 100th entry - we have 99 so far.

Of these 99 entries, 61 are possible bugs, definite bugs or
compatibility issues; 21 are feature requests, and 16 are unimplemented
features / TODOs; the last remaining one is a duplicate.

Of the 61 bugs or issues, 28 have been closed by now, another 9 are
standing by to have their fixes released and tested in the next beta.

That leaves 23 known bugs & issues still open; add 2 more pending beta
testing which may need a bit of additional work later depending on user
feedback.

Of the 16 unimplemented features / TODOs, 3 are pertaining to
documentation. From what I hear there's still a lot to do there, so if
you feel like getting involved in the development of POV-Ray but don't
know how to program, here's your chance: Just contact Jim Holsenback,
and he'll make sure you won't die of boredom ;-). Likewise, if you have
/any/ comments or suggestions to the documentation, you are welcome to
raise your voice on the Wiki (http://wiki.povray.org).

Of the remaining 13 non-doc UFs / TODOs, i'd consider 3 as crucial for
3.7 final release, pertaining to render abort/continue and related
features. The other 10 could most probably be postponed until a later
version.

To me as a POV-Ray developer, the bug tracker has been a great help so
far to keep an overview over all the open major and minor issues that
still need work. Thumbs up to Chris for setting it up in the first place!

Post a reply to this message