POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Shutdown when saving during parsing (beta 34) Server Time
2 Jul 2024 10:27:54 EDT (-0400)
  Shutdown when saving during parsing (beta 34) (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Shutdown when saving during parsing (beta 34)
Date: 18 Oct 2009 07:24:30
Message: <4adafaee@news.povray.org>
Not sure if this has been mentioned before.

When saving a scene while it parses, an access violation exception at
address 0x030eb9a0 is generated and POV-Ray is shut down. In versions lower
than 3.7 this only generates a warning. I added the mini dump file.

--
All the best,

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'POV-Ray-3.7.0.beta.34.msvc9-sse2.win32-4ADADE7A.dmp.dat' (80 KB)

> When saving a scene while it parses, an access violation exception at
> address 0x030eb9a0 is generated and POV-Ray is shut down. In versions lower
> than 3.7 this only generates a warning. I added the mini dump file.

There must be some additional constraints for this to lead to a crash; I
accidently did that over and over again the last few days, and always
just saw a warning message.

Windows XP x64.

Though I vaguely remember having encountered such a crash myself once;
may have been on the 32-bit machine, I'm not too sure about it.

Post a reply to this message