POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : quickres.ini Server Time
4 Jul 2024 13:11:54 EDT (-0400)
  quickres.ini (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Alain
Subject: quickres.ini
Date: 21 Aug 2009 16:52:33
Message: <4a8f0911@news.povray.org>
Just a question:

Why does the installation of a new version overwite quickres.ini? Or the
uninstallation of the previous version erase it?

With every new version, I have to restore it.

Alain

Post a reply to this message

"Alain" <aze### [at] qwertyorg> schreef in bericht
> Just a question:
>
> Why does the installation of a new version overwite quickres.ini? Or the
> uninstallation of the previous version erase it?
>
> With every new version, I have to restore it.

Yes, I agree with that. The same could be said for povray.ini I suppose
where the list of paths is given.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> "Alain" <aze### [at] qwertyorg> schreef in bericht
>> Just a question:
>>
>> Why does the installation of a new version overwite quickres.ini? Or the
>> uninstallation of the previous version erase it?
>>
>> With every new version, I have to restore it.
>
> Yes, I agree with that. The same could be said for povray.ini I suppose
> where the list of paths is given.
>
> Thomas

This time.
Installing the beta 34 preserved that file as well as pvengine.ini.

Both used to get whipped during the update process.

Alain