POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : animations errors Server Time
7 Jul 2024 06:56:31 EDT (-0400)
  animations errors (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Le Forgeron
Subject: animations errors
Date: 21 Apr 2009 17:23:44
Message: <49ee3960$1@news.povray.org>
Checking the allanim scripts...
Beta 32, Linux source, amd64

I found the following issues, which might or not be considered as important to solve:

 * mpeg of less than 2 seconds often have an issue with players. Could they at least
loop
more than one time if they do not have more frames ? (repeating the whole set of
frames 5
times might be an idea) Or increase the number of frames for small ones. (or encode
with a
smaller frame rate ?). Often the first second of movie is "crashed" by encoder/player.
On
a small movie, it leaves not a lot of things. If there is a final picture, it might be
useful to duplicate it for GOP frames. (First picture too!)

 * float1 : B & C formulas are missing each a closing ")"

 * float2 : I have suspicion over ceil()/floor() due to precision of F,
   but while F=G=H= -5.0, F = -4.00 display G (floor) as -4.00 and H (ceil) as -3.00
   and it's repeat for -3... and other integer value. (may be displaying more digits
of F
   might show that is not an integer value ?)

 * float2 : "I line (I=int(F)...)" is missing an "="

 * float4 : the angle b is not atan2(B,C), but atan2(B,A).

B=3,A=4, C=5; I did not check the code), but the formula is wrong.