POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : unknown error code Server Time
28 Apr 2024 06:51:13 EDT (-0400)
  unknown error code (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Dan Connelly
Subject: unknown error code
Date: 8 Jan 2009 16:18:11
Message: <49666d93$1@news.povray.org>
% povray input_file.pov
error code = -24
Unknown error code

In vfe/vfesession.cpp, I made a small change to print out the error code (I know I
could have used a debugger for this...):

const char *vfeSession::GetErrorString(int code) const
{
   if (code == -1)
     code = m_LastError;

   switch (code)
   {
     case vfeNoError:
       return "No error";
   .
   .
   .
   }
   // added djconnel Jan2008
   fprintf(stderr, "error code = %d\n", code);

   return "Unknown error code";
}

In vfe/unix/unixconsole.cpp :

void ErrorExit(vfeSession *session)
{
	fprintf(stderr, "%s\n", session->GetErrorString());
	session->Shutdown();
	delete session;
	exit(RETURN_ERROR);
}

Pardon my c++ gross ignorance, but I'm not sure where the value of code is passed to
the GetErrorString(), although somehow it's getting an illegal value....  independent
of the source file.

--------------

Version information:
POV-Ray 3.7.0.beta.29

This is an unofficial beta-test version compiled by:
  djc### [at] yahoocom
It may not be distributed without written permission.
Copyright 1991-2003 Persistence of Vision Team

Built-in features:
   I/O restrictions:          enabled
   X Window display:          enabled (using SDL)
   SVGAlib display:           disabled
   Supported image formats:   gif tga iff ppm pgm hdr png jpeg tiff
   Unsupported image formats: openexr

Compilation settings:
   Build architecture:  x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
   Built/Optimized for: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (using -march=native)
   Compiler vendor:     gnu
   Compiler version:    g++ 4.3.2
   Compiler flags:      -pipe -Wno-multichar -Wno-write-strings -fno-enforce-eh-specs
-s -O3 -ffast-math -march=native -pthread

Post a reply to this message