POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : FYI: radiosity changes integrated Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:18 EDT (-0400)
  FYI: radiosity changes integrated (Message 21 to 22 of 22)
From: Mike Hough
Subject: Re: FYI: radiosity changes integrated
Date: 17 Jan 2009 15:41:16
Message: <4972426c$1@news.povray.org>
With all that CSG this scene is really slow without radiosity but it gave me
an idea. A few years ago I created a patch that allows the definition of
arbitrary points in an area light which could be used to create things like
light domes. I completely abadoned it but I am currently rendering this
scene with it to see how it might compare in terms of rendering speed and
quality for a scene with a recursion limit of only 1. I will post the result
in p.b.i when done since it is getting off-topic for this group.

"Carlo C." <nomail@nomail> wrote in message

> I suggest a test for those with a very fast processor (pure radiosity
> scene):
>
> Img: http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2002-08-31/golonls2.jpg
> Source: http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2002-08-31/golonls2.zip
>
> - radiosity abstract: