POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POVWIN beta 30 done Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:27:30 EDT (-0400)
  POVWIN beta 30 done (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Chris Cason
Subject: POVWIN beta 30 done
Date: 3 Jan 2009 20:03:50
Message: <49600af6@news.povray.org>
I've uploaded a beta 30 (http://www.povray.org/beta/). After spending the
night in hand-to-hand combat with VS 2008, Boost, InstallShield and Vista I
gave up and built the entire thing on my old machine; hence this is a VS
2005 build still.

Next build (presuming I can coax things into working) will incorporate an
update to the current version of boost, a VS 2008 compile, and some bug
fixes. I'll also be looking at the radiosity code.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

> night in hand-to-hand combat with VS 2008, Boost, InstallShield and Vista I
> gave up and built the entire thing on my old machine; hence this is a VS
> 2005 build still.

Thanks for your time.

> Next build (presuming I can coax things into working) will incorporate an
> update to the current version of boost, a VS 2008 compile, and some bug
> fixes. I'll also be looking at the radiosity code.

Note that VS 2008 projects can't be opened directly with VS 2005,
while the other way works fine out of the box. If at all possible,
it would be nice to maintain project files in VS 2005 format.

Post a reply to this message

> night in hand-to-hand combat with VS 2008, Boost, InstallShield and Vista I
> gave up and built the entire thing on my old machine; hence this is a VS
> 2005 build still.
>
> Next build (presuming I can coax things into working) will incorporate an
> update to the current version of boost, a VS 2008 compile, and some bug
> fixes. I'll also be looking at the radiosity code.

Thank you very much Chris, you're commitment is surely appreciated!

Sam

Post a reply to this message

> Note that VS 2008 projects can't be opened directly with VS 2005,
> while the other way works fine out of the box. If at all possible,
> it would be nice to maintain project files in VS 2005 format.

I have kept both (the source contained a vs8 dir and now also has a vs9).
Main issue is going to be making sure I remember to fire up my old machine
from time to time and apply any changes I have made to the VS8 projects (I
didn't re-install VS8 on the vista box).

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

> > Next build (presuming I can coax things into working) will incorporate an
> > update to the current version of boost, a VS 2008 compile, and some bug
> > fixes. I'll also be looking at the radiosity code.
>
> Note that VS 2008 projects can't be opened directly with VS 2005,
> while the other way works fine out of the box. If at all possible,
> it would be nice to maintain project files in VS 2005 format.

Oh yes, please!

Post a reply to this message

> night in hand-to-hand combat with VS 2008, Boost, InstallShield and Vista I
> gave up and built the entire thing on my old machine; hence this is a VS
> 2005 build still.
>
> Next build (presuming I can coax things into working) will incorporate an
> update to the current version of boost, a VS 2008 compile, and some bug
> fixes. I'll also be looking at the radiosity code.
>
> -- Chris

I'm guessing the problems with VS2008 include one involving sourceannotations.h
and namespaces, or was that one just for me?

Thanks,

Tom

Post a reply to this message

> I'm guessing the problems with VS2008 include one involving sourceannotations.h
> and namespaces, or was that one just for me?

I did get that, yes. Kinda puzzling for a while, typical internal MS stuff.
Fixed by removing one header file IIRC. Namespaces fixed elsewhere. I've
also now moved to boost 1.37.

-- Chris