POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : minor bug in editor Server Time
9 Jun 2024 19:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  minor bug in editor (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Anthony D  Baye
Subject: minor bug in editor
Date: 9 Dec 2008 15:45:00
Message: <web.493ed7d01c68b07892d6fe8e0@news.povray.org>
the keywords for the additional animation variables do not highlight in Beta 29.

A.D.B.

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: minor bug in editor
Date: 9 Dec 2008 15:55:28
Message: <493edb40@news.povray.org>
Anthony D. Baye wrote:
> the keywords for the additional animation variables do not highlight in Beta 29.

They are no built-in variables any more. Hence they do not highlight. What
internally happens is that they are (currently) set just as if you set them
on the command line or in an INI file as declared variables.

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

> > the keywords for the additional animation variables do not highlight in Beta 29.
>
> They are no built-in variables any more. Hence they do not highlight. What
> internally happens is that they are (currently) set just as if you set them
> on the command line or in an INI file as declared variables.
>
>  Thorsten

I checked "changes.txt" and there's no description on *how* to properly do
animation now. Could you describe what we are supposed to do? Thanks.

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

> Thorsten Froehlich <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:
>> Anthony D. Baye wrote:
>>> the keywords for the additional animation variables do not highlight in Beta 29.
>> They are no built-in variables any more. Hence they do not highlight. What
>> internally happens is that they are (currently) set just as if you set them
>> on the command line or in an INI file as declared variables.
>>
>>  Thorsten
>
> I checked "changes.txt" and there's no description on *how* to properly do
> animation now. Could you describe what we are supposed to do? Thanks.

The lack of highlighting has no influence on the functionality.

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

> the keywords for the additional animation variables do not highlight in Beta 29.

as pointed out these are no longer internal. however it is possible for me to
add them manually (or provide an external file that allows users to add
keywords: this also would provide the means for keyword expansion to be used
using ctrl-space, tab, or as otherwise supported).

if enough people want it I'll certainly put it in.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

> > the keywords for the additional animation variables do not highlight in Beta 29.
>
> as pointed out these are no longer internal. however it is possible for me to
> add them manually (or provide an external file that allows users to add
> keywords: this also would provide the means for keyword expansion to be used
> using ctrl-space, tab, or as otherwise supported).
>
> if enough people want it I'll certainly put it in.
>
> -- Chris

That sounds like a pretty good idea. Would it be even better to use a different
color for such variables?

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

> Chris Cason <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote:
> > Anthony D. Baye wrote:
> > > the keywords for the additional animation variables do not highlight in Beta 29.
> >
> > as pointed out these are no longer internal. however it is possible for me to
> > add them manually (or provide an external file that allows users to add
> > keywords: this also would provide the means for keyword expansion to be used
> > using ctrl-space, tab, or as otherwise supported).
> >
> > if enough people want it I'll certainly put it in.
> >
> > -- Chris
>
> That sounds like a pretty good idea. Would it be even better to use a different
> color for such variables?
>
> -Mike

I'd like to see hilighting of #declared variables and macros as well, like the
mac editor does, if it's not too much trouble.

A.D.B.