POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Problems with help Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:25:44 EDT (-0400)
  Problems with help (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Rarius
Subject: Problems with help
Date: 16 May 2008 07:07:17
Message: <482d6ae5$1@news.povray.org>
I have just installed Beta26 just the same as I did Betas 20-25 i.e. I
copied the contents of the ZIP over the top of the previous \bin directory.

While 3.6.1c still works (I renamed the exe before installing any betas) and
beta25 worked fine, beta26 exhibits the following issue:  Pressing the help
buttons ("POV-Win" or "Scene") on the toolbar dont do anything.

I checked the registry key and it is pointing to the correct directory
(C:\WinPov)

Anything else I should check?

Rarius

Post a reply to this message

Rarius nous illumina en ce 2008-05-16 07:07 -->
> I have just installed Beta26 just the same as I did Betas 20-25 i.e. I
> copied the contents of the ZIP over the top of the previous \bin directory.
>
> While 3.6.1c still works (I renamed the exe before installing any betas) and
> beta25 worked fine, beta26 exhibits the following issue:  Pressing the help
> buttons ("POV-Win" or "Scene") on the toolbar dont do anything.
>
> I checked the registry key and it is pointing to the correct directory
> (C:\WinPov)
>
> Anything else I should check?
>
> Rarius

Beter than renaming your files: create a beta directory in the bin one. All your
files get to keep ther original names, regular and beta now reside in separate,
but related/nested, locations.

--
Alain
Moonies: Only really happy shit happens.

Post a reply to this message

From: Physiker
Date: 18 May 2008 10:00:01
Message: <web.483035b09da452578d795420@news.povray.org>
Help file must be namend "povray37.chm".

Post a reply to this message

From: Rarius
Date: 18 May 2008 14:19:45
Message: <48307341$1@news.povray.org>